Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring Has Sprung

Time and Trees.

Lady Bankston roses just beginning to pop! In a few weeks they will be cascading over the fence and climbing into the treetops. These beauties are itty bitty wild roses that take your breath away.

Honeysuckle is one of my favorite flowers. It brings back girlhood memories of hot summer days, standing barefoot in front of a fence covered in honeysuckle, all the while avoiding the bees and gently pulling the honeysuckle stem away to get at the sweet nectar.

5 comments:

Sandie said...

I can't wait to see your yard alive with color! These last little glimpses are just hints of the big blossoms to come.

Sandy said...

I love being able to see spring starting in your yard. I know there's lots more beauty to come. That sundial is so very pretty. The roses are so lovely and I love the colors of your honeysuckle - the ones around here are usually all white. I love their smell!

Unknown said...

Really nice photos! I love trees. Your spring is ahead of ours and it's lovely to see.

Paula said...

I love honeysuckle too. I love that you can often smell it before you see it and then you have to seek it out. I'd love to see your yard.

Ampersand said...

Ahh, more of your sanctuary. Beautiful :).