Friday, February 9, 2007

DING DONG!


Today was Girl Scout Cookie Delivery Day! Christy bagged up the 93 boxes and delivered most of them. Selling cookies was a fun, educational project for Christy. At one of the meetings they talked about the experience. I asked her if most of the girls enjoyed selling cookies. Christy said, "Some of the girls are really shy, so it was kind of scarey for them to ask their neighbors is they wanted to order cookies. It was good though because it helped them build confidence." She sounded so grown up and compassionate. My mother's heart was proud.

5 comments:

LauraLiz said...

Weekend project: compare google reader list with 365 list. I somehow overlooked your blog when setting up google reader, and am just now discovering all the wonderful photos I've missed!!

Ampersand said...

Sounds like a big job...I know I would be glad to get them out of the house though. I'd be afraid I'd eat someone's order ;).

Sandy said...

Ooo, I love Girl Scout cookie delivery time. I take my thin mints right from the door to the freezer for a snack later. Yum. I'm glad this was a good experience for Christy. Did her group meet their goal?

Dalissa 365 said...

Mmm... send some my way!

Sheila Conner said...

Susan, your 365 project is absoultely blooming with surprise. You "see" so creatively! And you challenge me to "look again". :)