Monday, January 15, 2007

Winter Wonderland!


Yesterday we had a "flooded" gazebo and today we have a lightly "iced" gazebo.


Frosted leaves. An unusual sight here in Texas.


First the torrential rain, now the ice, and possibly snow tommorrow. Our backyard plants are taking a beating.



This cord of wood was dumped on our driveway Friday-shortly before the torrential rains began. I checked this morning and it was still there. As I think about all the cozy fires this cord of wood will provide, I can't help but smile. Life's simple pleasures.

4 comments:

Sheila Conner said...

Susan, I love coming to your blog--it's like coming home. I'm so glad we're "sisters". Ya'll keep warm, ok?

NoVA Dad said...

Nothing gives me more fond memories of growing up than the fires we used to build in our wood stoves. There's something more "real" about that warmth than the warmth of central heat or natural gas logs.

I wish we'd get some winter weather here in Virginia; it was very warm and muggy today (sigh).....

- Matt

Sandie said...

The 'winter' scenes in Texas are strange when here in KY we had almost 70 degree weather yesterday! I hope that snow actually makes it here.

Katrina said...

I heard about the storms while I was out of town and thought of you & wondered how you fared. Seeing your gazebo flooded lurched my heart! ACK!! The ice is prettier. :) Glad you are all ok. I'm sure the ice will soon be gone. (I think it's coming here.)