Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Handstitched With Love!



This is my kitchen "table cloth". Actually, it's a handstitched quilt that my husband's grandmother made for him many, many years ago. I love the colors and the sentiment. Never fear-we don't eat on it! I believe this is called a crazy quilt. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Special names and places are stitched onto the quilt. I get so many compliments on my "table cloth".



John spent many vacations skiing in Colorado. See the little ski guy?

8 comments:

nicole_rc said...

wish i was home! :P

Unknown said...

That's an awesome quilt!

NoVA Dad said...

Beautiful quilt. I have a vague recollection of going to an old-fashioned quilting when I was no more than four or five years old -- one of those traditions that sadly you don't see much anymore.

- Matt

Karen said...

So pretty. I love crazy quilts. They are my favorite kind because you don't have to follow a pattern. Just put the material where it 'feels' right.

Ampersand said...

Susan, what a creative way to display the quilt!

Sandie said...

It is a beautiful quilt and a wonderful way to display it. I have a crazy quilt made by my great-great grandmother, but it is falling apart and may be past the point of repair. Quilts always remind me of the amazing women who built this country.

Dalissa 365 said...

This is gorgeous. I love all the colors and the idea behind the quilt.

Dancingirl said...

How beautiful!! I love quilts. Nice way to use it.