Friday, June 29, 2007

Simple Things

Christy and Nicole went for a walk and returned with three wild sunflowers...one for me, one for my mother and one for my sister. I love sunflowers; their buttery yellow leaves, the way their faces turn to the sun, their seeds that fall to the earth to feed the birds or resprout, all these things endear sunflowers to me. I remember when we lived in our previous home, there was a birdfeeder outside the den window. The chickadees, robins, bluejays and crows would fling seed around. Sunflowers grew up all around the base of that birdfeeder and they were beautiful. When Christy and Nicole handed me the three sunflowers, I thought of that birdfeeder and all the bouquets of wildflowers given me by my four children, over the past 20 years. Today's post is dedicated to sunflowers and to love.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Lovely shot. Those sunflowers are beautiful!

Ampersand said...

so sweet. hugs.