Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Flotsam and Jetsam


Heavy rains on Monday created a roaring torrent with all manner of trees and plastic miscellaney rushing down the creek. The debris catches on the bridge, which is at the edge of our property. Lovely view! I imagine the good city workers will be by soon with their long necked crane. Usually they make a day of it. It takes a LOT of guys to clean this up, quite a bit of conversation before, during and after as well as a break for lunch. It's entertaining listening to them, as they often see a water mocassin or two and the language becomes quite comical when they do!

4 comments:

Donetta said...

I don't admire the "city workers"... *lol*

MaryD said...

This is a cool picture Susan. Sometime like life, not so? Lots of random stuff that collects and has to be dealt with!

Sandie said...

I am sure my language would become quite colorful if I were to meet a Water Mocassin too! I like Mary's comment about how it is like life. I am letting stuff pile up that really needs to be cleaned out too.

SUSAN said...

Yes, I thought of the life analogy too. Very appropo. We had more heavy rain last night, so I imagine the debris will be even higher this morning!

Susan