Friday, April 20, 2007

Yellow

These yellow iris flowers have given me hope this week. When I was a little girl, I often drew the same picture...a house with a chimney and smoke, a large tree with a hole in the middle for the animals and I always colored the house YELLOW. I looked up the color symbolism for yellow and found that yellow can have "good" or "bad" connotations. For me, yellow has always held good connotations: hope, sunshine, warmth and home. The word Yellow even sounds happy to me. Today I am going to "Think Yellow"!

8 comments:

Ampersand said...

smiling here...go yellow!!

Donetta said...

I like to hear how you relate things to when you were growing up... I can't remember anything! I don't even remember you washing the KEN DOLLS HAIR... Half Bald Ken!! *lol*

Anyway... It's a really good picture... and thoughts! :)

Unknown said...

You're back and living with hope. Way to go. Have missed you and think about you a lot.

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

Yellow has always held the same meanings for me, too, especially if you add "grandma" to the list. For some reason, yellow makes me think of grandmas.

Sandie said...

Good strong thinking color, I am glad it makes you happy! It is funny, I love yellow flowers and accents, but I don't like yellow rooms, clothes, or cars :)

MaryD said...

I love the tree setting the stage for the beautiful patch of yellow, and the meaning you shared for yellow in your life!

Susanne Barrett said...

I have deep purple irises blooming in my garden right now. The yellow ones are uncommon around here; I really like the yellows!

Yellow is my new favorite color, after years of green or blue. It seems to speak of joy and peace, of cheerfulness and fun.

But then I think of the "Yellow Wallpaper" story and get the shivers....

Glad you're posting again; you're a talented photographer!

jo(e) said...

What a beautiful spring photo.