Thursday, March 8, 2007

Adriana

Ana and I had a great time at lunch-laughing, talking and chowing down. We went to Jody's, a local favorite, because she was craving fried pickles and wanted me to try them. They are yummy! In between talking about art, relationships, food, studying abroad and spring break plans, I managed to take quite a few pictures of the pretty daughter and the pickles.
Dill pickles fried in a tempura batter, piping hot and crisp, served with a side of spicey ranch dip. Be adventurous and try them sometime!

7 comments:

Ampersand said...

Fried Pickles -- so interesting! And another beautiful daughter too :-).

Paula said...

Great pictures of what sounds like a wonderful afternoon. I had lunch with one of my dd's too!

Sandie said...

Frickle Pickles...that is what they call them around here :) We have a little dinner that is famous for them. Kayleigh LOVES them and complains they are about the only food she can't find in NYC.

I have a recipe that actually used more of a cornmeal batter that is really good.

Ana is very pretty too! I am glad you guys had a great day together.

Anonymous said...

A new one on me. Could be good. Nice to meet your daughters.

SUSAN said...

Sandie-I first had these in Arkansas and that was about 12 years ago. You don't find them on every menu. :-) Glad to hear someone else has tried "Frickles".

Thanks everyone, she is beautiful inside and out.

Susan

Unknown said...

She's a beautiful girl, she's a beautiful... (KT Tunstall)

Love it.

Sheila Conner said...

Absolutely beautiful daughters--I'm jealous! :) SANDIE--Frickle Pickles??? What a cool name! We have fried pickles at one of the local restaurants here--you know, in Texas EVERYTHING'S better fried! :)