Thursday, January 18, 2007

Gooey Goodness!


Granny Smith and Fuji apples waiting patiently to be dressed in their caramel robes.


Christy has been asking for caramel apples and today was the day to create them! This is a form of art, let me tell you. Aside from a couple of blisters on my fingers, brought on by the need to quickly rescue the candy thermometer from sliding completely beneath the gooey goodness, the caramel apple creative process went off without a hitch! Can you see the caramel bubbling?


Christy dipping and twirling the apples in caramel! There is a method to the madness.


Voila!

6 comments:

Ampersand said...

Wow, those look delicious. Sorry about the blisters, but other than that it looks like a fun project :-).

Sandie said...

I make really special carmel-nut-chocolate apples for All Saints day :) It is a fun project and you took really wonderful pictures of it.

Dalissa 365 said...

Mmm... I am hungry now. They look delish. Sorry about the burn.

Colleen said...

Omigosh, can I send my boys to your place? They've always wanted to make caramel apples and we've never done it. Not sure why...I guess I have th impression it would be really tedious, but maybe not...?

MaryD said...

yummm! thanks for sharing this!

Sheila Conner said...

Yum for sure! These look really good--I love caramel apples, but I've never made them. Good for you Christi! :)