Saturday, January 6, 2007

Perspective




I love to lay on the ground, or in a lounge chair, under a big tree and look up into the branches. It's a whole nuther world up there. These photos are from the big pecan tree in my backyard. I watched the squirrels scamper along the branches, making small jumps into a nearby tree and then into another. They quickly made their way across our yard and the creek and then they were out of sight. From my perspective, these branches are truly a highway in the sky.

10 comments:

Sandie said...

I really like all the tree shots! The second one really stands out to me. I like the way the strong branch is in the middle and all the little branches stretch out from it.

Unknown said...

These are fabulous! Glad you put two of them together. Adds to the expansiveness of what you see when you look up!

Great shots.

Ampersand said...

simply awesome -- from one tree lover to another.

margaretm said...

Great photos...I do love the perspective.

I also like that you used the word "nuther" in you post. :) I catch myself actually saying that sometimes...now I don't feel so alone.

Katrina said...

Beautiful!

my15minutes said...

The lighting (and maybe a bit stronger composition) makes the second one really sing. Great.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Great pictures, Susan!

LauraLiz said...

Feels peaceful to me. :-)

LauraLiz said...

And I wanted to add that I love the mental image of you on the ground taking photos toward the sky! Isn't this fun?!

Sandy said...

Did you get your camera? I think I read that you did in one of your comments on one of the blogs.

I love both of these, Susan. The branches look like ornate scrollwork in the first one. I love the contrast in the second one-the strong trunk and the delicate branches and the dark tree and the light sky. Very nice.